The Beautiful Days of Aranjuez in Venice and Toronto
We are delighted to announce that Wim Wenders’ film THE BEAUTIFUL DAYS OF ARANJUEZ will have its World Premiere in the Competition of the 73rd Venice International Film Festival, followed by the North American Premiere at the 41th Toronto International Film Festival.
In the film a woman and a man sit at a table beneath the trees. A conversation unfolds about sexual experiences, childhood memories, the essence of summer and the differences between men and women. With THE BEAUTIFUL DAYS OF ARANJUEZ, Wim Wenders stages the play by his longtime friend Austrian author Peter Handke. Sophie Semin and Reda Kateb lead in this moving „Summer dialogue“. Jens Harzer plays the Writer and Nick Cave appears as himself.
After 3 AMERICAN LPS (1969), THE GOALIE’S ANXIETY AT THE PENALTY KICK (1971), WRONG MOVE (1975) and WINGS OF DESIRE (1987), this is the fifth film collaboration between Peter Handke and Wim Wenders.
The film will be screened five times in Venice:
- 01. September 09:00AM @Sala Darsena (Press & Industry)
- 01. September 11:30AM @Sala Grande (Press & Industry)
- 01. September 04:30PM @Sala Grande (Public & Accreditation)
- 02. September 05:45PM @Palabiennale (Public & Accreditation)
- 04. September 01:00PM @Sala Giardino (Public & Accreditation)
- 9 September, 3:45 pm @Scotia 8 (Press & Industry)
- 10 September, 6:15 pm @TIFF Lightbox 2
- 12 September, 8:15 PM @Scotia 4
- 15 September, 11:45 am @Scotia 13 (Press & Industry)
- 18 September, 9:00 AM @Tiff Lightbox 4